ATF Training Award
The Archaeology Training Forum Award recognises and promotes best practice in training or professional development in archaeology. The award aims to recognise excellence in the fields of learning, training and professional development and is open to archaeological organisations, individuals, partnerships and collaborative projects throughout the United Kingdom, whether paid or voluntary.
Entries must demonstrate an overall commitment to learning or training, and an innovative approach to best practice. In particular the judges will be looking for entries which:
- Reference appropriate skills needs data for the sector (paid or voluntary)
- Demonstrate clear benefits that go beyond the organisation itself, either to the sector, community or to individual employees or volunteers
- Make reference to National Occupational Standards
- Show commitment to Continued Professional Development
- Demonstrate an innovative approach or involve the development of best practice
- Show commitment to recognised professional standards and ethics
Entries might include:
- Development and successful implementation of innovative training plans
- Innovative ways of maximising limited resources
- Innovative ways of supporting professional development
- New ways of recognising and rewarding on the job learning
- Investing in staff or volunteers/skills generally
- Investing in the sector (paid or voluntary)
- Investing in/developing specialist skills
- Transfer of skills/succession planning
- Partnerships between employers and educators
- Partnerships between professional and amateur groups
The Award was judged by an ATF panel consisting of representatives from the Council for British Archaeology, the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists, FAME, the National Heritage Agencies, Higher Education, and from last year’s winning entry. The award was presented at the 2016 CIfA Conference; the winner receives a framed award along with publicity for their work through the ATF network.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications was 7th March 2016. To download the Training Award 2016 Application Form, follow this link: ATF-Training-Award-2016-application-form.